Friday, January 21, 2011

Too Much to Talk About

So much to cover, where to start! Here is just a very brief summary to keep you all up to date:

This…is a TroTro ride. The public transportation for traveling to other areas, service, etc…Usually we ride them for a minimum of an hour, sometimes two. You haven't experienced Africa until you've experienced a TroTro. :) We have video too but it's just too large to upload. It will have to wait until we come back. But imagine - a van, 20 seats, 30 people...and a chicken. 




First day in the ministry we went to a couple of local village about an hour and a half away and witnessed to…pretty much everyone. Lots were approaching us asking us to stay, teach or asking for literature.




This is fresh wheat porridge delivered to our door in the morning along with fresh, warm, homemade bread. Yeah, we’ve got it pretty good.



Oooo, and big news…we got running water yesterday! Yay! 

Elli

5 comments:

  1. Nice! I love nothing better for breakfast than porridge in a plastic bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous experience and I'm so glad you are able to expand your ministry this way. How you must appreciate the welcoming arms of our worldwide brotherhood! I have to admit to envy since we were never able experience this kind of joy. That's what we get for having kids!!! But we love you anyway and will just have to live vicariously through your exploits in the ministry.

    And, what beautiful, smiling children. A tro tro is a far cry from a subway ride in NYC. That is an experience I never enjoyed, probably because there are no chickens on board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elli and Brandon, I'm just fidgeting in my seat with excitement reading your experience serving in Africa!! HOW exiting!! When I got your email I was just soooo envious but exited for you at the same time! WHAT a privilege!!! Please keep us informed. I'm SO enjoying everything I'm reading!!! Love you guy's!! I'm enjoying this vicariously through you!! So keep it up! HA!

    Love,
    D!A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps... I didn't know anything about the "comment as:" options below so Jonathan just said to choose anonymous lol... oh well you know who I am.... It's your AUNTIE D!A ththth!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been checking everyday I didn't want to miss anything!The pictures are so awesome! I can't imagine people asking me to stay and teach anything, what an exciting experience. Can't wait to see/hear more!

    ReplyDelete