Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yes, preaching everywhere

It's true that you can preach to anyone at anytime and anywhere here.  While on our way back to Tarkwa yesterday, on the bus a family sat in the seats behind me.  There was an older gentleman (grandpa) and what looked to be his son, daughter and grand daughter with him.  I handed the grand daughter a cookie and she smiled and ate it.  The mom thanked me.  The grandpa asked me if we were headed to Tarkwa.  I told him yes and asked if he was as well.  They were headed there also.  He asked if we were visiting.  So I explained that we are, but as volunteers to teach deaf ones in Tarkwa the Bible.  "The Bible", he said.  I told him we were Yehowa Adansefo (Jehovah's Witnesses) and asked if he knew them.  He exclaimed, "Yes, do you have any papers for me?"  That means he wants literature.  So I gave him a Watchtower and a Family tract.  He read both of them on the bus right there.  Jehovah's name is known worldwide and it brings great praise and honor to say his name while preaching to everyone we meet.

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderfull experience.Am enjoying following your activity their. sounds like your having fun also.

    ReplyDelete